2. Category Management
fmProducts - Category Section.
Comfortable for your customers and visitors category tree makes your Store user-friendly and tilts the balance to the advantage of your products. Store Manager for Pinnacle Cart allows you to specify, modify or remove categories and adjust all structure to meet your needs in effective Pinnacle Cart Category management. You can browse your category tree as easy as you browse your folders. You can manage your Pinnacle Cart category tree using simple drag-and-drop technology. It requires few clicks only to make changes and will simplify this time-consuming but so important operation.
To perform basic operations like add, edit or delete categories you can use Categories toolbar:
Or use any of categories' context menu:
So the following actions can be done with regards to a category:
1. Refresh categories' list
forces categories' list update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts like is the latest data displayed.
2. Add a New Category or Subcategory button calls blank Edit Category form, which is used to create a new category or subcategory. "Edit Category" dialog pages description see below.
3. To edit an existing category or subcategory simply double click on it or press Edit category button and you'll see "Edit category" form. "Edit Category" dialog pages description see below.
4. To delete an existing category or subcategory click on Delete Category button and you'll see confirmation window.
Click OK button to delete category, or click No button to discard this operation.
If you delete category(ies) that contains subcategories, you need to confirm this operation once more:
- "Yes" button, will delete the category(ies) and all it's products, but if you select multiple categories with subcategories it will ask you to confirm action again.
- "No" button, will close the window without any changes made, but if you select multiple categories with subcategories it will ask you to confirm action again.
- "No to All" button, will close the window without any changes made.
- "Yes to All" button, will delete category(ies) altogether, including products and subcategories.
Note. If you have products assigned to multiple categories they will be removed not only from selected category but from the store completely!
5. Category Search. You can perform Category Search in your store by category ID or name. When you call "Search category" window, you'll see the following search form.
6. To establish category tree view, use expand all parent categories or full tree collapse buttons
7. You can View Category page using categories' context menu.
Note: To make sure the link is generated correctly, go to Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced and find this line at the bottom: