1. Edit Category
fmCategoryEdit - Edit Categoty Form.
To create a new or edit an existing category or subcategory, proceed through several steps:
- Click on Add a New Category or Subcategory button or Edit an existing category or subcategory button . The "Edit category" form appears.
- Specify Category Properties first:
- ID: For internal use only. You cannot modify this field.
- Parent Category: Select any parent category from the available categories - from the drop-down list to add or create a child category (Subcategory) under it. To create Root/Main/Parent Category just leave this this field blank.
- Category Name: Type the name of the category.
- Category Key/ID: Used for bulk uploading of products with the bulk loader feature. It may be the same as the category name, but without spaces (example: Music_and_Movies).
- Category Header: Here you can add an additional information about the category, mainly for SEO purposes.
- Priority: Use priority to have products listed higher within Pinnacle Cart. You can select this on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is given the highest priority. The higher the number, the higher the product will be listed. Note: All categories at the same level in a catalog tree are sorted by priority. Categories with the same priority are sorted in the alphabetical order.
- Is Category Visible to Users: Uncheck the box if you don’t want this category visible to the user. Otherwise, let it remain checked. By default, the box is checked.
- List Subcategories on Catalog Page: Check the box if you want to list subcategories on the Catalog Page. Otherwise, let it remain unchecked.
- Specify Category Description: Type a description for the category, as shown below.
- Also to edit/add category description you can use HTML Editor. To open HTML Editor use Edit as HTML button .
- Meta Keywords, Title, and Description: In these fields you can input your meta information for SEO purposes.
- Category Image: Click Browse and navigate to the image that you would like to upload for the category. The images can be in JPG, PNG and GIF formats.