6. Export Products
Export products wizard will help you to export your Pinnacle Cart products to comma-separated values file (.csv) which can be easily opened in MS Excel or other application for detailed analysis.
To start Export Products you need to click on button which calls the Import/Export Wizard. Or you can use "Export Products to Excel" button for fast Pinnacle Cart products Export as well.
Products' Import/Export Wizard is a lot like Categories Import/Export Wizard. To export products follow up several steps:
- Select "Export" and click "Next >" button to continue.
- Store Manager can export products to .csv file. You should enter the file name or select (browse ) one to be replaced. Here you can also load or save export settings (configuration) for future Pinnacle Cart products export.
- Also you can Save Export Settings or Load one to use now.
- On the next page you can see some general export options.
- Products you'd like to export. Default setting for this option is to export all products at current store. If you wish to export products only from the category highlighted in bold, select Only from current category option. If you wish to export products only from specific category, you'll need to make sure that category is open before you run the Wizard. If you'd like to include products from current subcategories, please check Export all subcategories. Otherwise products will be exported only from the parent (current) category.
- Fields Delimiter page has some important settings. Check them to ensure proper configuration.
- First option is delimiter character. Most popular delimiters are comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ) however other symbols can be used as well.
- Export file is usually generated for further import. If incorrect delimiter is specified during import, file will not be parsed properly and products will not be imported. Second option is quote string values. It is used to separate strings in CSV file.
- Category delimiter is not native .csv setting; it is used only in Store Manager. As you know categories are organized in a form of tree, where one category can contain one or more subcategories and subcategory can contain one or more other categories. Category delimiter character is used to separate category names and specify full category tree path for given product. Category path is very similar to directory path, used to specify full file name in Windows, where every directory separated by backslash (\) character like this one C:\Program Files\eMagicOne\Store Manager for X-Cart\.
- As for example category path for "Sample Subcategory" (see image below) will be Hardware|Graphics Cards|Sample Subcategory. Pipe (|) character was used as separator.
- Images - Default images path is the exact place to store image files.
- Select fields you want to be exported:
- All available fields that can be exported are listed in left pane. Select fields you want to be exported and click ">" button to move them to right pane. If you'd like to export all fields simply press ">>". The order in which columns will be saved in .csv file can be changed. To do this you can move exported columns up and down using corresponding buttons.
- Preview export file and proceed.
- Attention! When you press "Export" Button, export process will start! You can save all your Export Settings for future Pinnacle Cart products export or Load one.
- Choose what action to perform after saving export data, use "None" option and Wizard will be automatically closed. If you wish to open a directory containing result file, check corresponding option. Open result file option allows you to see export file opened in Excel.
- Now Pinnacle Cart products export is finished