3. Export Categories
Export categories wizard will help you to export Pinnacle Cart categories to comma-separated values file (.csv) which can be easily opened in MS Excel or other application for detailed analysis.
To start Import/Export you need to click on button which starts the Import/Export Categories Wizard.
- Select "Export" and click "Next >" button to continue.
- Store Manager can export Pinnacle Cart categories to .csv file. You should enter the file name or select one to be replaced.
- On the next page you can see some general export options.
- Categories you'd like to export. Default setting for this option is to export all categories at current store. If you wish to export current category, select Only current category and it's subcategories option. If you wish to export only specific Pinnacle Cart category, you'll need to make sure that you highlighted category in the categories section before you run the Wizard.
- Note: The following options are not available for now.
- Export image name. You have to select whether to export image names as they are in categories (database) : some_image.jpg when AS IS option has to be checked or if you select Full option, image name field will contain URL that can be opened in a browser.
- Group fields by language option can be used if your store is running in more than one language and Export only current language option is unchecked. This option will group fields in export file by language: all fields in current language first and then Fields in second (third, etc.) language.
- Export only current language option is useful if your store is running in more than one language. You can switch languages by pressing [Ctrl]+[L] key combination or in Tools->Store Language. If unchecked - all languages will be exported.
- Fields delimiter page has some important settings. Check them to ensure proper configuration.
- First option is delimiter character. Most popular delimiters are comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ) however other symbols can be used as well.
- Quote string values are used to separate strings in CSV file.
- Category delimiter is not native .csv setting, it is used only in Store Manager. As you know categories are organized in a form of tree, where one category can contain one or more subcategories and subcategory can contain one or more other categories. Category delimiter character is used to separate category names and specify full category tree path for given product. Category path is very similar to directory path, used to specify full file name in Windows, where every directory separated by backslash (\) character like this one C:\Program Files\eMagicOne\Store Manager for X-Cart\.
- As for example category path for "Sample Subcategory" (see image below) will be Hardware|Graphics Cards|Sample Subcategory. Pipe (|) character was used as separator.
- Select fields you want to be exported:
- All available fields that can be exported are listed in left pane. Select fields you want to be exported and click ">" button to move them to the right pane. If you'd like to export all fields simply press ">>".
- The order in which columns will be saved in .csv file can be changed. To do this you can move exported columns up and down using corresponding buttons.
- Preview Export. On the last page of Export Wizard you can preview the result.
- Attention! When you press "Export" Button, Pinnacle Cart category export process will start! This process will take some time.
- If you don't want to perform any action after saving export data, use "Just close this window" option and Wizard will be automatically closed when you press Finish button. If you choose to open a directory containing result file, check corresponding option. Open result file option allows you to see export file opened in Excel.
- Now Pinnacle Cart category export is finished.